Thursday, April 23, 2009

~SICK BABIES JUST ARENT FUN~

So a quick little update on little man. He has a cold! Bless his little heart, his little nose is all kinda stopped up. We have now had to purchase saline nose drops to put in his nose before he eats, and before he goes to bed. Last night was the first night with the nose drops, he did fine to begin with, but then they made him sick, and up came everything he had eaten earlier, all over me and him both! So I have now learned a lesson: listen to what the nurses say...they really do know what they are talking about! The reason I say this is, I thought that even though they said to give it to him before he eats, that it would be ok to give it to him right after he had taken just a teeny tiny bit of his bottle! WRONG! It must have made his little belly upset! DUMB DUMB DUMB, lol......how dumb could I seriuosly be, they are the nurses after all! But on a positve note, when I have to sucktion his little nose out, he dosent cry and scream like I have seen other babies do! He is truely a trooper when it comes to that, he actually smiles and laughs when you are doing it, its kinda funny!

We also have to use a cool mist humidifier to help with the congestion, well I didnt have one, I only have the steam vaporizor, or something of that sort. So I looked at one last night at Walgreens when we picked up the Saline nose drops. THIRTY-FIVE dollars! WHAT! So needless to say the husband wouldnt let me buy one, but I informed him really quick like that if we couldnt find someone that had one, then I was gonna march my self right back up there and get one for our baby! And of course he didnt protest to that! Luckily my siter-in-law had one from when M was a baby. She told me that I could just keep it until they needed it again. So I guess we are now gonna play "pass the humidifier" Good thing she just lives right next door, and I dont have to travel far to give it to her!

No comments:

Post a Comment