Wednesday, April 29, 2009

WEEKLY WRITING ASSIGNMENT

So I figured that I would give this whole writing thing a try. I have seen it many times now on Charlenes' blog, but have never actually participated!

There is no bond like a bond between sisters/ best friends...... (prompt #1)

I actually have 2 people that have helped me through SO much, and they are Lindsey and Charlene. I actually met Lindsey the day I was born. She is my older sister, and by older I mean 11 months and 24 days. We are the same age for a week. Its actually pretty cool! We have been though everything together, thick and thin (I'm thick and shes thin). We are sisters, but for us it is much more, we are best friends. I have been there for her and she has been there for me. There isn't really a particular occasion that she has helped me get over, more like just help me get though life in general. Sometime I wounder what it would have been like if we hadn't been so close in age, and have such a close bond. But then I remember all the things we did together as kids, even now as adults. Don't get me wrong, we have our little fights, well mostly me making her mad because I don't mind telling her what I think about something she is doing! I always knew that if I had a problem with a friend I could just go to her.

Then there is Charlene. I met Charlene in 6th grade and we have been inseparable ever since. Any time I had problems with my parents, sister or even boy trouble, I always went to her. She has always just sat there and listened, she didn't always have a suggestion on what I should do, but it didn't matter to me, I just needed someone to vent to most of the time. And I knew that I could call her at any hour of the night, well on her cell phone (when she finally go one). Her parents were kinda a stickler on the whole calling past 9 thing! We have had a blast growing up together. The past few years we have kinda went our own ways, but we still try and find time for each other! And I still know that I can call and talk to her about issues on the home front and she wont judge me or anyone!


Today I will do more than possible in 24 hours....... (prompt #5)

I start my day out anywhere from 6 - 6:30 am. I now not only have my self to get ready but also the baby. First thing I change a diaper, get a bottle for the baby if he is hungry, prop him up in his boppie pillow, and finally try and get my self ready and leave the house in time to take the baby to daycare, and turn around and make it to work on time! (Which usually dosent happen)

I probably do the least amount of anything while I am at work, sitting at my desk. Granted I have my daily duties at work, but they don't amount to half the stuff I have going on at home. My usual afternoon routine consist of picking the baby up from daycare or Debbie and James, cooking when I get home except on Wednesdays (we go to church, and just grab a bite to eat) change a diaper or 2, fold clothes from day before, wash dishes/bottles, change a pee pee diaper, put aways clothes, play with baby (he is soo darn cute), fix bottles for the night, put in a load of clothes, change a pee pee diaper, feed the baby, give the baby a bath, dress the baby, rock the baby to sleep, put the baby to bed, make sure the humidifier is turned on, swap out laundry,get the sleeping husband out of the recliner and into the bed, turn off living room TV, make sure the door is locked, lights are off, stove is turned off, Take a very quick shower, and finally go to bed.

Only to get up around 3 - 4 am and change yet another pee pee diaper, and feed the baby, and considering little man is sick I now have to fit in ridding his poor nose of boogies, But now don't get me wrong, I love my life, just wish sometimes the husband would help out a little more on some of the duties at home. After all he isn't the only one who has a full time day job, only to come home and have a full time job at home!


If you'd like to play along, here are the directions:

Choose a prompt that inspires you most. Write. Visit Mama Kat on Thursday and paste your blog URL into the Mister Linky that will be up. Feel free to write on more than one prompt if you so desire. And remember the more comment love you give, the more comment love you get so comment comment away.


The Prompts:

1.) Who really helped you get over something? Write about that person.(writingfix.com)

2.) Is plastic surgery an option? Without being vulgar, write about the body part still attached to you that you would most like to dis-attach and replace with a better one. (writingfix.com)

3.) Share an interesting email exchange you've had with someone lately.

4.) Have you thought about shutting down your blog? Why haven't you and what would cause you to make that decision final?

5.) Today I will...

2 comments:

  1. Your special people sound so wonderful! Isn't it crazy how much more magical and fulfilled our lives are with special friends. I don't know what I would do without mine. My sister rocks too : ) And how cute is your baby in the header? ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love comment love from strangers who get directed to my blog from Mama Kat's. Your life sounds hetic right now, though we both knew it would be. And it's the very reason of you having to do all the home stuff and him not helping out that makes me not want kids right now. I feel like I'm raising him sometimes. Especially yesterday, I could've choked him!

    ReplyDelete